Business Support & Legal Services
FocusCore has offices in Singapore and across Asia Pacific. All are established to help your company, from registration and secure establishment, though to success in future years.
Your needs may change. We work with you from the start and assist you with a full spectrum of business services. This is not only due to the range of experience in the team but also thanks to our established contacts in Singapore.
Our knowledge of procedures with the Singapore authorities provide benefits that we can pass to you. Our team can provide assistance on questions covering finance, legal, compliance, operations, project management, office facilities, resources and technology. Tailored advice related to Singapore.
Our focus is on your business, to understand fully your needs. We will also endeavour to advise you on potential future needs, providing expert, neutral, professional resources for your company. We are a multi-national team operating at premier world standards.
We take the time to learn about our clients and we will listen to your needs, appreciate your specific circumstances and will achieve your desired outcomes at a reasonable cost and on time. We draft, review, and negotiate all types of legal agreements and trading arrangements, whilst always keeping our clients’ best interests at heart.
Our experienced term of legal specialists can work with you on the drafting, review and negotiation of a wide range of legal agreements. These can either be agreements that you need to run your business such as for your shareholders, employees or clients, or agreements that you receive in the usual course of your business such as from your suppliers or distributors.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the contracts and agreements we can assist our clients with:
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Employment agreements
- Contractor / freelance agreements
- Stock options / virtual stock options
- Confidentiality, non-disclosure and exclusivity agreements
- Business to business collaborations including joint ventures and research and development agreements
- Agency, distribution and franchise agreements
- Terms and conditions of sale and purchase of goods and/or services
- Sale and purchase agreements
- Leasing or hire purchase agreements
- Outsourcing and franchising agreements
- Information technology and e-commerce related agreements
- Intellectual property licences and assignment agreements
- Marketing and sponsorship agreements
For transactional work that requires the issuance of a legal opinion, FocusCore has developed close relationships with a number of law firms throughout Asia-Pacific and, in some cases, has negotiated preferential rates with them that can be passed on to our clients. In addition, FocusCore can project manage external law firms on single or multi-jurisdictional matters to progress transactions expediently and on-budget.
All contracts and agreements supplied by FocusCore will be prepared by a qualified lawyer, will be commercially sound and will conform to the applicable laws. However, FocusCore Corporate Services Pte. Ltd. is not a law firm, nor is it licensed to practice law.
Nothing on this site shall be considered legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is established.
Personnel – Staff Search & HR Management
Whether you are a corporate or a new company we offer services to help you find staff. Our professional standards work to attract staff to join your company.
Our services include:
- Staff recruitment
- Personnel management
- Staff Terms and Conditions, Security Controls for IT
- Provision of Staff Salary payments and tax
Government Funding, Tax Incentives
There are a number of ways a new company can attract financial assistance in Singapore.
FocusCore can help you identify the scheme(s) most suited to your company and complete the application process. For example:
- Seed Capital for start up companies
- Government-aided equity financing schemes
- Government grants
- Tax incentives
- Debt financing
If your company is a start up you may apply for grant funding. SPRING, is a Singapore agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry responsible for helping Singapore enterprises grow.
We can also help you with The Market Readiness Assistance (MRA) Grant applicable for overseas expansion for a company in Singapore. This is managed by International Enterprise (IE) the Singapore government agency and this grant is designed to assist:
- Overseas Market Set-up
- Overseas Business Partners
- Overseas Market Promotion
A Start-Up company may also receive exemption of tax and or preferential rates so reducing your tax liability.
Research and Development Assistance,
This plan known as RISE is aimed at helping R&D within start up companies.
The RentDirect Scheme is managed by the Singapore Land Authority. Access may be possible for your company to occupy and use available Government owned office space.
Registration of Trademarks
Clearly the registration of trademarks is all part of your overall process to protect your intellectual property (IP). FocusCore has experts available to guide you through the registration processes for your business, covering product names and logos. We can help you in the following ways:
- Completing research on existing of trademark registrations
- Completing and submitting your application for your trademark(s) protection
- Acting on your behalf with the licensing authorities to ensure consistent and effective registration is in place
Technology Advice – IT – Infrastructure
You may already have IT systems in place. FocusCore can supply you with local information as well as advice on leading processes to protect and enhance your entire IT network and IT procedures. Our services include:
- Analysing the needs of your businesses, preparing recommendations and project plans for the most appropriate IT infrastructure bearing in mind IT security, business continuity, cost, local factors and services, special requirements.
- The correct architecture is important; even if a small network at the start, our experience will ensure you do not need to redesign as you expand. Security, Scalability, Stability.
Business Process Outsourcing
A workforce that is overstretched can be as damaging as one that is overstaffed. In this open talent economy, successful companies are improving results by moving non-core functions to an external provider. This streamlines operations and reduces costs. Even more important, it improves the organisation’s strategic focus by allowing key people to concentrate on core tasks.
FocusCore will help you redesign your organisation and processes. You can take advantage of the benefits offered by Shared Service Centres (SSC) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). With our deep knowledge of back-office processes in Asia, our global network of service providers and our superior automation technologies, we can provide a programme that meets your operating objectives, while maintaining premier quality standards.
Let the FocusCore team guide you on all aspects of your outsourcing strategy:
- Assessing the feasibility of setting up an SSC or BPO operation
- Selecting the right service partner
- Transferring to the new system
- Managing the on-going process for continual improvement
We support a wide range of outsourced functions, with special focus on back-office operations, call centres and IT support. Outsourcing is the wave of the future. You can take advantage of the flexibility, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of an SCC or BPO system to become leaner, more powerful and more focused.